Here are some guidelines whom you should follow and avoid while visiting Uttar Pradesh.
- Respect the traditions and culture of Uttar Pradesh and its people.
- Wear descent dresses while visiting religious places.
- Exchange money only at official exchange counters and banks.
- Only hire guides that are approved by the government and have license.
- Spend your money wisely.
- Learn few words of local language that are commonly used here.
- Buy items that depict the true essence of Uttar Pradesh and are not available elsewhere.
- Do not litter, help us in maintaining our cities clean and green.
- Do not take any photographs that may make people embarrassed.
- Don’t smoke, don't drink alcohol or don't use drugs at public places and religious spots.
- Don’t touch or harass animals and support conservation of animals by paying entrance fees to parks and conserved sites.
- Don’t buy crafts or products made from skin of endangered animals.
- Do not drive on Indian roads unless you are well-aware about Indian roads and drive to the left of the road
- Do not give any offensive comment about any religion; it could be controversial.
- Do not buy or book hotels/bus/air/railway tickets through strangers or unauthorized agents.
- Do not hire transportation from unlicensed operators.
Follow these guidelines and make your journey happy and joyful.