Under the Government orders passed in 1994, paying guest scheme has been implemented in 6 prominent tourist places including their nearby places in Uttar Pradesh for providing additional accommodation facilities to tourists at reasonable prices.
Places where Paying Guest Scheme is implemented are:
- Buddhist Circuit which include Sarnath, Kushinagar, Sravasti, sankisa and Kaushambhi.
- Bundelkhand Circuit which includes Bithoor,Chitrakoot,Jhansi,Kalinjar and Mahoba.
- Agra Circuit which includes Agra, Mathura and Vrindavan.
- Lucknow Circuit which includes Lucknow,Dewa Sharif,Naimisharanya,Ayodhya and Faizabad.
- Adventurous tourism spots like pithoragarh, Ranikhet , Chamba and many more.
- Traditional mountain tourist spots like Gangotri, Yamunotri, Badrinath and Kedarnath.