"Located in Meerut district, it has been the silent witness to the majestic grandeur and conflicts of the Mahabharat era."
- It is also a sacred pilgrimage for Jain devotees who believe that three Jain Tirthankars were born here.
- Temples dedicated to several Mahabharat characters such as the Pandavas and Draupadi add to the historical importance of this town.
"About 280 km from Jhansi, close to Banda, this fort town had strategic importance during medieval times."
- The Kalinjar Fort, situated at a height of 700 ft, is a veritable historical treasure house.
- The picturesque Vindhya ranges give it a charm which will linger in your memory for a long time.
- Legend says that The Neelkanth Temple, is built at the spot where Lord Shiva, after consuming poison that emerged from the churning of ocean, came to rest for some time.
"It is a small town known for its myriad lakes and temples situated on hills and valleys."
- The impregnable hilltop fort and the man-made lakes built by Chandela kings are engineering feats.
- The Alha-Udal ballads narrating tales of valour of the Bundela warriors owe their origin from Mahoba.
- The Sun Temple at Rahila is a unique 9th century granite structure.
"Here atop a hill is a historic fort where Marathas fought the Bundelas in 1744."
Situated on the banks of the Betwa river near Jhansi, it is named after the Barua Sagar Tal, a large lake created almost 260 years ago by Raja Udai Singh of Orchha.
"The town of Parichha is 25 km from Jhansi on the Jhansi-Kanpur highway via Kalpi."
This town is situated on the banks of the Betwa river and is popular for the Parichha reservoir and dam.While the reservoir is a popular haunt for water sports, the dam offers a picturesque view of the reservoir and its surroundings.
"Bithoor (or Bithur) is a small town on the bank of Ganga river, situated 24 km north of Kanpur city."
It is a prominent centre of Hindu pilgrimage. According to Hindu mythology it is the birthplace of Ram’s sons Luv and Kush. Places to visit in this quiet town are Valmiki Ashram, Brahmavart Ghat, Patthar Ghat, Dhruva Teela, Lav Kush temple, Nana Saheb Smarak and Siddhidham Ashram.
"Kalpi is a small town situated on the bank of Yamuna river in Jalaun district."
There is an impressive ruin of a fort and several temples of interest, while in the neighborhood are many ancient tombs. Among the places to see are Pataleshwar Temple and Vedvyas Temple. It is also famous for a wide variety of sweets.